samedi 2 août 2014

Replacing capacitors

Hello there



I currently have a HTPC in my bedroom, for me and the misus to stream movies from my server..

Last night, the graphics card failed, i got just a black picture..

(old Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 1gb)..



I have tested all parts, and found its definately the gpu at fault..

I have narrowed it down to the capacitors..



I know a fair bit about electronics, and capacitance ratings etc..



Checking over the PCB, there are two varieties of caps across the entire board...

Some 1500uf 2.5v caps, and some 270uf 16v caps..



Sadly, i dont have of those spare (i have every other one)



But i do have some 1000uf 16v's and some 22uf 16v's...



Would they work?? would it be ok to test??

Or would it go bang or something, from having the wrong Uf capacitors on it?/



many thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire