samedi 16 août 2014

Linking two routers to extend network

I've just moved into a bigger place and am having issues with wifi due to thick brick walls. I'm thinking I could extend my network between my office and living room.



I currently have a BT Home hub 5. Can I run a long ethernet cable through my flat from the home hub into the living room and connect a wireless router at the end and use the ethernet ports and wifi on that router, and still use the ethernet and wifi from the Home hub?



If this is the case can anyone recommend a suitable router for the living room end? I've tried searching around but and getting confused between all the different modes and am not sure which product and setting I actually need.



Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire