mercredi 25 juin 2014

Installing ethernet wall sockets

I'm wondering if this is possible in the home



I have a router which would connect to an 8 port switch. I have a few devices like network printers, couple of IP cameras, NAS box (synology.my thanks goes to someone on here who suggested this). It is possible I might add more cameras in future or maybe other networking devices. Have three PCs which ideally would want to connect up via ethernet switchports to give a nice reliable connection.



My question is it possible to install RJ45 wallsockets in a house and the internal cabling which runs from switch to wall socket be out of sight ? how could it be achieved?

would i need a professional installer to do it? (in my case probably yes and I'm totally useless with DIY) The house is semi detached. Have watched videos on youtube where people run ethernet cable through wall and then use a magnet to pull it through.



It may sound like overkill as I do have wireless but to be honest I quite like the idea of utilizing this if possible. It also more to be wanting to learn and try things.





Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire