dimanche 20 avril 2014

Wrecked motherboard?

As on another thread I had a few drops of water coolant fluid drip on board so I wiped it all off, left it a hour and it seemed ok, then it made a crackling sound on speakers and froze so I turned off, left another hour then turned on and noticed sound card didnt work but left it on 30 minutes and it seemed fine apart from that.



I then decided to see if it was the card or the slot and when I removed the pci soundcard I noticed connectors were damp so dried it with a cloth in a thin needle gentle to not damage pins but now it had booting problems, one minute it booted fine so I tried reattaching something like wireless card and it stopped so first I thought it was the wireless card or just the pci slots, then it didnt boot with the card out



After random success for a hour I then decided to go to bed and then had a thought of using a hairdryer to dry the insides just in case but waited almost a hour again then did so then left another 30 minutes to dry and up till today it worked perfect until this morning I went to turn it on and its not even getting power to the unit not even for a second.



I removed the sata connections and still nothing not even turning on so no idea what the problem is!



EDIT : DOH! stupid me after all that the problem was I accidently pulled out the power sw connector the pc is working perfectly fine.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire