samedi 26 avril 2014

Node 804 panel modding

Hi guys,



First post here (woo).



Currently, my rig consists of a 4670K + GTX 780, water-cooled in a Corsair 350D, with 2 240mm rads. I'm looking to move into the Fractal Design Node 804 when it launches at the end of May, but before then, I need to ascertain if I can mod the case to accept four 240mm rads.



Here's the case for reference: http://ift.tt/PMtVe7 - take a look at the images tab to see the radiator mounts. Also see the videos section - there's a display unit with a full system in it.



The Fractal Design website states that it will support a 240mm rad (front or top) in the mobo chamber, and a 280mm OR 240mm (top) in the PSU chamber, as well as a 120mm in the front of both. I'd rather it be 240mm in top AND front, both sides.



My plan is to move the radiator mounting holes in the top back a bit, so that when installed, the top radiators are flush with the back of the case (I have no use for their default exhaust fans).



So! I'm looking for opinions from everyone here - do you think it looks like I can just drill new holes? Or will a replacement panel have to be made up. I have no issue hacking into a sheet of aluminum to make a new panel, if that's what's required. Just thought I'd post here and get some input from any veterans with experience to share!



Why am I doing this? For fun. I know I don't need 960mm of radiator space for 2 components (technically 3 since I'm adding a RAM block - purely for aesthetics), or even for when I add a second 780 in SLI.



Cheers guys!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire