lundi 2 mars 2015

Fried ram(and ram slot on new board) theories to cause?

The ram is only 14 months old, its Corsair Vengeance 16 gig(2 x 8 gig) I did accidently wreck 2 boards last year that used it due to leaks from water cooler I had but ram seemed fine, I had it in spare pc for about 2 weeks and had no issues then on my replacement board for about 6 months till I got a new cpu and board.



This is where it gets strange, I had to mount water cooler on outside of case due to difference in layout of new board and did drop a few pin sized drops of water on board but did check for any drops and wiped them off and left board for about a day afterwards, after doing so pc works fine after reinstalling windows apart from a slight audio hiss for under a second when windows goes to desktop(and the on board audio isnt showing only my Creative sound card)



I did randomly have usb dropouts in that everything connected stopped working and the leds on my mouse just flickered but Windows still made the disconnect/connect sound but only rebooting pc worked and the power button on case still worked to shut down and restart and windows still worked.



Eventually one time when I went into bios I noticed only 1 of my ram sticks was recognised, I then took some brand new ram I had spare and it workred but not in 1st slot, I then noticed a black mark on the 1st slot and on the old ram on the connecting pins one of them was burned off!



What could of caused this? my only ideas are faulty board, or a drip of water damaged it, or the ram was dying and maybe because I had problems with the heatsinks(the adhesive had came off a while back so held them on with thermal paste on the chips)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire