vendredi 3 octobre 2014

HTC Sense and Facebook

Hi,



I don't know if anyone finds this annoying or knows of a way to deal with it but HTC recently changed their Sense OS to be completely tied into Facebook. Now I never use Facebook mobile app because I don't want to - I hate the faff with privacy on Facebook so if anything I use the website occasionally.



So, I started getting warning messages on my HTC One many times a day saying "HTC Sense needs permissions to for Facebook". I didn't have an account set up and the only options were to provide account details or sign up for a Facebook account.



I tried to do some research on what I could do about this and the suggestion was that I could go into facebook and there is a specific section about what you allow your phone to do with Facebook. So I configured this, then I went back to the mobile app and put my username and password in. This kind of worked - I got notifications when there was a facebook message and if I tapped it, it would show me the message. The problem is that it still gives me warnings all day long saying "Facebook needs permissions to do stuff".



Basically if I try and find out what it needs, it wants to have the rights to post things to Facebook without my consent.



Is it me or is this just a terrible thing? I don't want Facebook to force my phone to do things. Purely because I cannot get rid of these "error" messages that appear all day long, I am ditching HTC. A shame because the phone itself has been perfect for me and the OS has until this... what a stupid move.



Having said that, if anyone knows how to get rid of Facebook on HTC Sense, maybe I will give it another chance! If you un-install Facebook, it just stays there. That's when I read that it is now part of the OS...



My work is getting me an LG G3 next week so if that seems any good I may just get rid of my personal phone. The only reason I have kept a personal contract and phone is partly due to the contract length (which is up next year) and partly because I find my personal phone (HTC) much more useful for work than my work phone (iPhone 5S).



Cheers,

S




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire