vendredi 28 mars 2014

Transformer Query

My trusty Netgear DG834G router's transformer looked to be on the way out yesterday as it had started making an awful squeal and was also vibrating (!?). It was still fully functional and the router was working fine but I really didn't like the idea of a transformer doing this sat, as it was, under a wooden side table.



So I had a rustle through my magic draw of crap and came up with another Netgear transformer which has exactly the same output of 12V / 1A and the same connector.



Plugged it in and it all seems to be working fine now.



My question is, should I be worried that the new transformer is probably a third of the size of the other one? The old one was a giant cuboid and pretty heavy while the new one is now not much bigger than a molded plug.



How come it's so much smaller now, and should I worry about it blowing up (or similar)?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire