jeudi 8 mai 2014

How to burn Ubuntu onto CD

I've been having problems connecting to the web with my old Toshiba Satellite Pro and the currently installed version of XP may have compatibility issues.

The laptop was bought on ebay and worked fine wwith the pre-installed software until the hard drive failed. When the HD was replaced all worked well but I couldn't get a network connection when XP was re-installed. I suspect there may be some problems due to the version of XP I installed, this being intended for an HP Pavillion and was the only version I had.



I've tried downloading the network software from the Toshiba website but still get no connection to the internet.



I am now trying to install Ubuntu to replace XP but as the file size is 993Mb, how do I get this on a 700Mb disc? it is currently sitting on my USB stick but I haven't been able to get it installed directly from this.



Any suggestions please?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire